You don't have to go without a healthy breakfast in the morning, even if time is tight. Here are some ways you can start your day out with a quick, nutritious meal that will keep you energized throughout the morning.
Stock Your Kitchen
To make breakfast at home, keep your kitchen stocked with some healthy staples. Pick a few foods that you like from the list below and keep them on hand.
- Fresh fruit — whole fruit like apples, banana, oranges, clementines, pears, nectarines and peaches are easy to grab and go
- Frozen fruit — keep a bag or two in your freezer to use in smoothies or to mix with light yogurt
- Canned fruit — try individual-sized cups of mandarin oranges, peaches or fruit cocktail (canned in juice, not syrup)
- Dried fruit — raisins, dried cranberries, etc. are great in oatmeal or mixed with nuts
- Quick oats — in single-serving packs or a bulk container (quick oats can be ready in less than 2 minutes)
- 100% whole wheat bread or English muffins
- Unsweetened whole grain or bran cereal
- Unsalted nuts — try dry roasted walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts or a mix
- Peanut butter and/or almond butter — nut butters will keep you feeling full from the combination of protein and fat
Eggs & Dairy
- Eggs or egg substitute — they cook quickly and can be ready in a matter of minutes
- Skim or 1% milk — soymilk or almond milk are also good options, especially for those with a lactose intolerance
- Light/non-fat yogurt (regular or Greek) — plain is best, flavored varieties will have more carbohydrate
- Cottage cheese — try 1% or 2% low-fat cottage cheese to cut back on the calories
- Frozen peppers and onions — you can add these to egg sandwiches, wraps or omelets
- Fresh tomatoes — these also go well with egg sandwiches or cut them up cottage cheese
- Recommended to have one good table top freezer to preserve your food items to keep fresh all the time.
- Gourmet tabletop linens French jams Laguiole flatware specialty salts and much more for your home and your pantry. We have premium Belrose caramels and California organic granola. Our French steak knives are Laguiole and our truffle honey USA. When looking for the best gourmet products www.callegarioliveoil.com Gourmet tabletop linens French jams Laguiole flatware specialty salts and much more for your home and your pantry. We have premium Belrose caramels and California organic granola. Our French steak knives are Laguiole and our truffle honey USA.
Diabetic Recipes: Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts & Snacks!
Mobile Application (TopAppz)
Diabetic 4 Cookbooks in 1: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts
Book (Apandisis Publishing)