Sassy's Favorite Breakfast Recipes
More Breakfast and Brunch Ideas: For even more ideas - which include more detailed information about ingredient selection, cooking-on-the-fly tips and more - hop over for some .
"Just wanted to let you know that I recently made the Buckwheat Pancakes and the Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping, and everything was delicious!
"A couple of days ago, my wife made the Blueberry Muffins for a potluck at work, and the non-vegans loved them and polished them off."
- Gary Loewenthal, Falls Church, Virginia, VeganBakeSale.org
Banana Muffins Extraordinaire
Like eating a mini personal banana bread - but better! Be sure to try the variations too.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter, softened
- 1 scant cup Sucanat, or other organic granulated sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons organic soy flour combined with 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 bananas, large, mashed
- 2 cups flour (best with 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 unbleached white)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup non-dairy milk combined with 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (to make a "buttermilk")
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F) and lightly grease muffin pan.
2. In a blender, combine applesauce, non-dairy spread and sweetener until fluffy. Then beat in soy flour mixture, followed by bananas. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl.
4. Stir flour mixture and soy milk mixture alternately into banana mixture, until just moistened. Then stir in vanilla.
5. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Bake until golden, about 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before removing from muffin pan. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 large or 12 small muffins.
- Add chopped toasted walnuts;
- Add blueberries, fresh or (defrosted) frozen;
- Add non-dairy chocolate chips.
Blueberry-Banana Walnut Pancakes
These are tender and fluffy.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (I like almond milk)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or (defrosted) frozen
Vegan Recipes: 50 Superb Vegan Breakfast Recipes for The Vegan Diet That Taste Delicious & Are Quick & Easy to Make (Vegan Diet, Healthy Living, Natural ... Vegan Vegan Recipes, Vegan Cookbook))
Vegan: Vegan Diet for Beginners: 25 Amazingly Delicious Healthy Recipes For Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner To Start Your Vegan Lifestyle!: (Vegan, Vegetarian, ... cooking, low fat high carb recipes Book 1)