Depending on what part of the country you're from, grits may or may not have been a staple at your breakfast table. If you were lucky, they were. If not, it's okay, you've got some time to make up for all the servings you've missed.
Not only are grits delicious, but they've also been used to free wrongly-accused men of murder. (Okay, that may have been a fictional scenario from "My Cousin Vinny, " but it could happen.) Grits recipes are often just served next to eggs, but they get interesting when you know what to add to them. Check it out.
Want to read more from HuffPost Taste? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr.
- Get the Brown Ale and Cheddar Grits with Pancetta and Crispy Sage recipe from The Beeroness
- Get the Grits with Corn and Onion Greens recipe by Simply Recipes
- Get the Buttermilk & Grits Waffles recipe from Southern Souffle
- Get the Shrimp and Grits recipe by Steamy Kitchen
- Get the Goat Cheese Grits with Red Eye Gravy, Country Ham, and a Fried Egg recipe from Food52
- Get the Pumpkin Pie Grits recipe by Healthy Food For Living
- Get Edna Lewis & Scott Peacock's Shrimp Grits recipe from Food52
- Get the Sweet Grits and Sorghum Peaches recipe by The Runaway Spoon
- Get the Grits, Cheese & Onion Souffles recipe from The Nesting Project
- Get the Smoked Cheddar Grits with Broiled Heirloom Tomatoes recipe from Oh My Veggies
- Get the Sunday Breakfast Casserole recipe by Dr. Mommy Online
- Get the Healthy Fish and Sweet Potato Grits recipe by Spinach Tiger
- Get the Banana Maple Grits recipe by Andrea Meyers
- Get the BBQ Shrimp + Blue Cheese Grits recipe by 20 Something Cupcakes
- Get the Grits California recipe by Average Betty
- Get the Baked Cheese Grits recipe from Buns In My Oven
- Get the Cheese Grits Nuggets recipe
Paula's Home Cooking Volume 4-6 DVD Box Set Collection: Complete Sweets (3 DVD Set), The Belle of Any Ball (3 DVD Set), and It Ain't Just Grits (3 DVD Set)
DVD (Food Network)