I love serving up a hot breakfast to my kids in the morning before school (*buffs Mother of the Year award*) but it can definitely be time consuming, particularly when cooking-to-order eggs, milk depth in cereal bowls and, groan, homemade smoothies. These slow cooker recipes can be prepared the night before by throwing a bunch of yummy stuff in a crock pot and heading to bed. My kind of meals.
And these are real OVERNIGHT recipes so you don’t need a crock pot with a timer. Although you will need a timer.
Slow Cooker French Toast
FINALLY! An overnight French Toast recipe that you don’t have to wake up at 4am to start the crock pot.
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grease your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Combine: 6 eggs, 1 c milk, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp light brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the egg mixture and layer inside the greased crock pot.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over the top of the bread.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- In the morning you will find a fluffy, bread pudding-souffle like breakfast. You will see cooked egg on the edges of the bread slices. Carefully remove the lid about 15 minutes before its done and it will brown and toast. Serve with warm syrup or your favorite topping (bananas, berries, powdered sugar). Serves approximately 4-6.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
As you know, the great thing about egg dishes is you can throw absolutely anything in them. The recipe below is similar to a Western Omelet, but you can use any combination of ingredients your family enjoys.
- 1 bag Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes (32 oz)
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
Vegetarian Recipes For Nutritious Life: The Ultimate Top 100 Healthy, Simple, Delicious Vegetarian Soup, Appetizer, Sandwich, Salad, Breakfast, Main Dish, ... Complete Vegetarian Cooking Book Series 3)