- 3 ounces dry capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1 hot or mild Italian sausage (4 oz.) with casing removed
- 2 thick slices of bacon - cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Easy Breakfast Pasta
Bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Add noodles and cook, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well.
Crumble sausage into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan. Add bacon and stir often over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Drain off and discard all but 2 tablespoons fat.
Add garlic and green onions; stir often until onion is limp. Add cooked pasta and mix until hot and coated with fat. Add eggs, 1 tablespoon parsley, and Parmesan cheese; stir until eggs are softly set. Spoon onto a plate. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle noodles with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Great for any time of day. Instead of parsley - try with basil or even cilantro and garnish with avocado!
Mr Breakfast would like to thank mrbreakfast_lvr for this recipe.
Comments About This Recipe
What do you think of ?
Made this without the sausage or peppers and it was still awesome! You may want to add some oil or butter, though as it can get a little sticky.
Just for a reference point this dish is called pasta papa not mama. See also:
- Gourmet tabletop linens French jams Laguiole flatware specialty salts and much more for your home and your pantry. We have premium Belrose caramels and California organic granola. Our French steak knives are Laguiole and our truffle honey USA. When looking for the best gourmet products www.callegarioliveoil.com Gourmet tabletop linens French jams Laguiole flatware specialty salts and much more for your home and your pantry. We have premium Belrose caramels and California organic granola. Our French steak knives are Laguiole and our truffle honey USA.
Slap Ya Mama Original Blend, 8-Ounce
Grocery (Walker & Sons)