- 3 ounces dry capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1 hot or mild Italian sausage (4 oz.) with casing removed
- 2 thick slices of bacon - cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Easy Breakfast Pasta
Bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Add noodles and cook, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well.
Crumble sausage into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan. Add bacon and stir often over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Drain off and discard all but 2 tablespoons fat.
Add garlic and green onions; stir often until onion is limp. Add cooked pasta and mix until hot and coated with fat. Add eggs, 1 tablespoon parsley, and Parmesan cheese; stir until eggs are softly set. Spoon onto a plate. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle noodles with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Great for any time of day. Instead of parsley - try with basil or even cilantro and garnish with avocado!
Mr Breakfast would like to thank mrbreakfast_lvr for this recipe.
Comments About This Recipe
What do you think of ?
Made this without the sausage or peppers and it was still awesome! You may want to add some oil or butter, though as it can get a little sticky.
Just for a reference point this dish is called pasta papa not mama.
Slap Ya Mama Original Blend, 8-Ounce
Grocery (Walker & Sons)