Let's face it: Breakfast can fall into a real rut sometimes. And while almost anything can become a picture-perfect breakfast with the addition of a runny-yolked egg ("Put an egg on it!") what if you want to branch out and leave eggs behind? Maybe the grains, too? No grains, no eggs — what's left? Quite a lot, actually — starting with this heavenly avocado pudding. Read on for this and 9 more breakfasts that take a break from grains and eggs.
- - A quick, easy, and delicious way to eat avocado for breakfast.
- - Smoothies are a broad category of breakfasts that help you get your fruits and vegetables by the fistful.
- - Salad is delicious for breakfast, especially when it has a bit of fat from prosciutto and avocado, like this one.
- - Banana, Greek yogurt, some nuts for extra protein, and you have a fun morning banana split.
- - Make your own yogurt cups with plain yogurt, fresh fruit, or even swirls of cooked spinach and toasted nuts.
- - Skip the eggs and go with silky, savory tofu instead.
- - Potatoes have a healthy dose of Vitamin C and hash browns are a treat, especially when served a green salad.
- Warm Chickpea Salad with Cumin & Garlic - This lunch salad also makes a hearty, easy-to-pack breakfast.
- - I really adore sweet potatoes for breakfast. This one is packed with savory flavor from the caramelized onions and sausage - an egg really isn't necessary.
- - A classic Japanese breakfast, warm and comforting.
Mediterranean Cookbook: 120 Mediterranean Diet Recipes for Happy Family Meals (FREE BONUS RECIPES: 10 Ridiculously Easy Jam and Jelly Recipes Anyone Can ... Recipes, Mediterranean Cookbook Book 3)