In an attempt to break the internet based on these findings, The Pork Board created the Cheesy Maple Bacon Cajun Pulled Pork Sandwich with Crispy Roasted Potatoes and Sriracha Yogurt.
To create my own Mashup recipe based on the Cheesy Maple Bacon Cajun Pulled Pork Sandwich with Crispy Roasted Potatoes and Sriracha Yogurt.
I wrapped all my inspiration inside a soft, warm flour tortilla and served it for breakfast.
Ingredients for Spicy Pork Tenderloin Rub:
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 TBSP canola oil
Ingredients for Spicy Guacamole:
1 medium avocado
1 medium jalapeno
1 green onion
2 TBSP chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon lime juice
coarse salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for EACH Breakfast Burrito:
1/2 cup chopped Spicy Pork Tenderloin
1/2 cup pan roasted potatoes
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup spicy guacamole
1 burrito size flour tortilla
1 piece crisp bacon
NOTES: The pork loin used for this recipe was 1.6 pounds. Adjust rub measurements according to the size of your tenderloin. Each 6-8 ounce russet potato will yield about one cup of chopped and roasted potatoes. The more seed and membrane from the jalapeno you use in the guacamole, the spicier it will be.
Make the Spicy Pork Tenderloin:
1) Combine all ingredients for the rub and apply to pork tenderloin. Allow rub to penetrate, about 20 minutes.
2) Preheat a skillet to high. Sear tenderloin on all sides.
3) Place seared tenderloin on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400(F) oven for 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 145(F).
4) Remove tenderloin from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest. The internal temperature of the pork after resting under foil will be 165(F) and ready to slice.
5) While the tenderloin is cooking and resting, fry and drain the bacon (reserve drippings if desired) and prepare the other components as follows.