Well, okay. Bacon goes really well with eggs too. But a girl needs a little variety, even with clean bacon!
But seeing as how I’ve yet to find an actual sausage that qualifies as clean and doesn’t have any added sugar, I decided it was high time to make my own. And the nice thing is, the sodium content won’t give you a stroke just by looking at them. They turned out really tasty!
(Makes 12 patties)
- 1 1/4 pounds lean, ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Form into 12 equal portions, shape into patties and cook. You can either fry them or bake them it’s up to you.
- If frying: Coconut oil or olive oil is a great way to go.
- If baking: Use parchment and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, give or take. Break one open to see if they are done cooking. I also highly recommend the use of a thermometer when cooking meat. The patties should reach at least 165 F. to be fully cooked.
BACON The main reason I'm NOT A VEGETARIAN - 7 1/2" x 3 1/4" die cut vinyl decal for windows, cars, trucks, tool boxes, laptops, MacBook - virtually any hard, smooth surface. NOT PRINTED!
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Barefoot Graphix)