They’ll take you from famished to full and happy in a flash.
Theme #1: Skillet Meals
Searching for quick and easy one-dish skillet recipes to cook over the fire? Check out these recipes that are fun, easy and absolutely delicious. You can even prepare some of the ingredients at home so everything is ready to get poured into your skillet once you set up camp!
— — — — —
Skillet Meal #1 Recipe: Corned Beef and Cheesy Hashbrowns
- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1 can (12 oz.) corned beef, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 eggs
1. Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hottest tap water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain any excess water.
2. Combine hashbrowns, beef, onion and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Heat one tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; spread hash mixture by the cupful in a thin layer. Fry about 10 minutes, turning once to brown both sides; repeat with remaining hash, adding oil needed.
Skillet Meal Recipe #2: Flamin’ Cajun Skillet
- 1 carton (4.2oz) Hungry Jack® Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Andouille sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup prepared Creole sauce*
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8 X 8 inch baking pan.
2. Refresh potatoes by adding hot water to the fill line. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat.
4. Drain the potatoes and add to the skillet.
5. Cook on one side only until the edges are golden.
6. Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking pan.
7. Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the skillet, heat and add the celery, onions and green bell pepper. Cook until softened and arrange over the potatoes.
8. Add the sausage to the skillet and cook until hot. Arrange over the onions/peppers.
Armour Roast Beef, 12 Ounce