Imagine waking up with the love of your life (maybe not?) by your side. Feeling hungry and decide to whip up some amazing breakfast together? I will definitely recommend this recipe! Very simple yet interactive for couples to try with.
Each component is delicious on its own. You and your lover can be in charge of cooking each part right next to each other. Be fun and creative! Feel free to switch and play around with the ingredients. E.g. favorite kind of sausages, mushrooms etc or even adding more sides like spinach, salami, smoked salmon so on and so forth…
I’ve done this in 2 different version. One with toasted bread, and the other with mini pancakes. I’ve split it into 4 different parts, ) Bread/pancake, 2) Bacon-ham-sausages, 3) Sauteed Mushroom and 4) Scrambled Eggs. There’s no tricks and shortcuts to this recipe, just make sure each component is done well and right then plate it up together to form a nice hearty plate of big breakfast.
- 3 mini pancake or 2 slices of toasted bread (pancake recipe will be posted soon in a separate post)
- Maple Syrup/Honey if you are using pancakes.
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of mini cold cut ham
- 2 Sausages/Bratwurst
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Mesclun and cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Sauteed Mushroom
- 400g of sliced white button mushrooms
- 40ml of butter
- 2 tbs chicken stock (optional – if you are using chicken stock, use only 1 tbs of cooking wine)
- 3 tbs of white wine/cooking wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scrambled Eggs
- 3 whole eggs
- 60-80ml of melted butter
- 1 tbs of milk (optional)
- 3 tbs of chopped scallions (optional)
- Heat pan with olive oil in, pan fry the bacon slices, ham slices and sausages until evenly brown on all sides. Set aside the bacon, ham and sausages. Reserve oil for mushroom.
- Next sauteed mushroom with 1tbs of reserved oil from the bacon along with butter. Sauteed till mushroom shrink, then add in white wine/cooking wine. Continue sauteed for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. (step 2 and 3 can be done at the same time, so make sure she/he is helping with the cooking too!)
- For the scrambled eggs, lightly beat the eggs along with melted butter and dash of milk. Heat a nonstick pan/sauce pan with a little dab of butter in. Sauteed chopped scallions until fragrant. Then lower the heat the medium low/low, pour in the beaten egg mixture. Keep stirring, the eggs will start to clump as it cook. Salt and pepper to taste when its clumping up. Lift the pan off from the heat if it starts getting real hot which may cause your egg to be over cooked (I like my scrambled eggs moist, soft and buttery). When the eggs reach the consistency that you want, switch off the heat and set aside.
- Get the toasted bread/mini pancakes ready and start plating with your other half! Garnish it with scallions or parsley. Drizzle honey/maple syrup if you are using pancakes! and ITS DONE!!!
Perfect simple big breakfast with your love ones! Simple homemade rustic food make the love and happiness going!!!
Gluten-Free Recipes for Kids: Fun Eats from Breakfast to Treats
Book (Publications International)
The Big Book of Vegetarian: More Than 225 Recipes for Breakfasts, Appetizers, Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, Main Dishes, Sides, Breads, and Desserts (Big Book (Chronicle Books))
Book (Chronicle Books)