Up in the hillside on a quiet road, a large circular entrance leads up to the Mediterranean-style lobby with white stucco walls and red tiles - a look that is consistent with the rest of the property. A welcome drink is offered upon arrival, and a staff member will lead guests to their suites.
With only 40 suites in total, the property never feels too crowded, though the pool does get plenty of action due to the lack of beach on premise. Dinner at La Salsa is also popular with guests, especially during themed nights featuring live music. The lobby and grounds become romantic in the evening with candles and low lighting. After dinner, guests can take a spot in the gazebo, or on one of the swinging benches - a great spot to enjoy a glass of wine.
Sugar Cane is a hidden gem in the northern hills near Speightstown, and appeals to those looking for a peaceful setting with island wildlife and nature trails at their doorstep. Because the property is not walking distance to nearby attractions, a car is highly recommended. (Bus service does not run this far inland, and taxis can get quite expensive.) A hotel shuttle is in operation during the day and takes guests to local beaches.
- 42-minute drive to Grantley Adams International Airport
- 6-minute drive to Speightstown
- 12-minute drive to Royal Westmoreland Golf Course
- 14-minute drive to Holetown
- 16-minute drive to Sandy Lane Country Club
- 22-minute drive to Harrison’s Cave
- 22-minute drive to Flower Forest Botanical Gardens
- 25-minute drive to Soup Bowl
- 28-minute drive to Bridgetown
- 39-minute drive to Oistins Fish Fry
Suites either come with a garden or ocean view - though the ocean is in the distance. Rooms lack natural light, and the wood furnishings and neutral interiors lend to a comfortable, yet dark atmosphere.
- Separate living and dining area (table seats between two to four people)
- Air conditioning, and ceiling fan in living rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
A secluded property with plenty of amenities to keep guests active
- Free shuttle service to local beaches
- Mountain bikes for nearby trails
- Welcome drink upon arrival, and weekly manager’s rum punch party
- Guided nature walks
- Free Wi-Fi and parking, though Wi-Fi can be temperamental
Cotton Breakfast Club Pop-Tarts Frosted Sugar Pop Tarts Black Cotton Fabric Print by the Yard (05715-12)
Art and Craft Supply (Kanvas Studio)
Iphone 5/5s Case Poppin. Pink Kaleidoscope