IHG Rewards Club can still be very rewarding program IF you can work the promos of earning points and using them for Point Breaks hotels at 5, 000 points per night.
What do you like and don’t like about IHG Rewards Club? Please leave your comments and opinions below.
– Point Earnings – Points, Points & More Points
– Easy Status Match (New)
– Number of Properties
– Kimpton Hotels (NEW)
– Working Website
– Worldwide Coverage
– Dining Rewards (NEW)
– InterContinental Brand
– Award Availability
– Points Breaks Social Flash & Last Minute Rewards Nights (Expanded)
– Type of Awards
– Number of Points Earned At InterContinental Hotels (NEW)
– Any Hotel Any Time
– Number of Discount Programs
– Friends & Family
– Consistent Lower Brands
– Stay/Point Postings
– Best Price Guarantee
– Social Media Representation
– Customer Service – Philippines
– IHG Rewards Club Club Vs. Ambassador
– Elite Treatment at Properties
– No Status Match (NEW)
– Promotions (can register but don’t always work)
– Closing Accounts That Register For Promotions (NEW)
– Elite Benefits on Award Stays
– Ambassador Accelerator & InterContinental 100% Bonus (For Royal Ambassadors) Gone (NEW)
– Points Earnings are not Uniform
– Big Win, Into The Nights, Set Your Sights Etc.
– Communication (NEW)
– Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza Hotels in North America
– Targeted Promotions & IHG Rewards Club IT (NEW)
– No hip brand
– Best Price Guarantee (Getting worse)
– No list of properties moving up/down
Positives of IHG Rewards Club
Point Earnings – Points, Points & More Points
IHG Rewards Club is the easiest program to rack up points really fast by signing up for numerous overlapping promos that I have written about there on LoyaltyLobby.
Easy Status Match (New)
Number of Properties
InterContinental Hotels Group has around 4900 properties under its brands as of December 2014.
Kimpton Hotels (NEW)
InterContinental Hotels Group purchased the US based boutique hotel chain Kimpton Hotels. It is unclear when and if they are integrated to IHG Rewards Club (I would imagine so).
The branded and mobile websites are quite functional. InterContinental.com, however, is not the easiest one to use to make bookings.
The group has a good presence around the world.
Dining Rewards (NEW)
IHG Rewards Club has launched/relaunched its Dining Rewards program in many countries in Asia. You get one category status bump, one free night cert at any IHG hotel and other benefits for a set fee.
For some reason, I really like the InterContinental brand. It was founded by Pan Am and first hotel opened in 1946 in Belem Brazil.
I have never really had award availability problems with IHG Rewards Club. Sometimes the discounted Point Breaks or Social Flash award room inventory is gone very fast, however.
iPhone6 Plus Sports Armband, Nancy's shop Easy Fitting Sports Universal Armband With Build In Screen Protect Case Cover Running band Stylish Reflective Walking Exercise Mount Sports Sports Rain-proof Universal Armband Case+ Key Holder Slot for Iphone 6 Plus (5.5 Inch) (Dark blue)