Jay-Z is having one hell of a week.
Yesterday, the 43-year-old rapper stopped by Hot 97’s Angie Martinez show to talk about his new album, Blue Ivy, and Dame Dash, but he also stopped by Hot 97’s radio competitor Power 105’s The Breakfast Club, where he revealed more insightful gems.
From Roc Nation Sports Agency to almost signing Lil Wayne during his Rocafella days, Jay-Z revealed some interesting facts and some pretty classic stories during his interview with The Breakfast Club.
Fans can catch Jay-Z on his “Legends Of The Summer” tour alongside Justin Timberlake. Jay-Z’s twelfth studio album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, is currently available worldwide.
Here are the 14 things we learned from Jay-Z’s Breakfast Club interview:
1. He likes Kanye’s Yeezus album.
2. He doesn’t plan on doing any more collaborative albums with anyone except Kanye West.
3. The Samsung Magna Carta App had over 20 million hits.
4. Jay-Z still owns his seats at Barclays Center.
5. Jay-Z warned Memphis Bleek and Beanie Sigel about 50 Cent’s rising fame.
6. He likes Kendrick Lamar and the whole Black Hippy Crew.
7. Jay-Z only read two album reviews, one from The New York Times, the other from AllHipHop.com.
8. He didn’t sign Lil Wayne to Rocafella because Birdman sent him a legal letter prohibiting him from sealing the deal.
9. Jay makes his artists go through financial and money management training.
10. Hov only watches two television channels- HBO and ESPN.
11. He didn’t take Lil Wayne’s Beyonce diss seriously.
12. Once upon a time, he and Timbaland weren’t “clicking.”
13. Jay-Z admitted to being annoyed by rumors that Beyonce didn’t give birth to Blue Ivy.
Sony D-EJ106CK Walkman Portable CD Player with Car Kit (Silver)
Network Media Player (Sony)