6. Rick Moranis was originally cast as the janitor, but was replaced due to "creative differences" (he wanted to play the part as an over-the-top Russian stereotype). The role was ultimately played by John Kapelos.
7. The film was rehearsed in a manner more similar to that of stage plays.
8. Emilio Estevez was originally slated to play Bender, but Hughes couldn’t find anyone else who was right for the Andrew role, so Estevez ultimately switched and the Bender gig went to Judd Nelson.
9. Similarly, Molly Ringwald was first asked to play Allison, but she wanted the Claire (named "Cathy" in the first draft of the script) role. Hughes eventually let her have it.
11. Anthony Michael Hall’s mother and sister appear as his character’s mother and sister in the beginning of the film.
12. Another parent to look out for? Hughes, who had a cameo role as Brian’s father at the end of the film.
13. Brat Pack members Sheedy, Estevez, and Nelson starred (as college graduates) in St. Elmo’s Fire the same year that The Breakfast Club hit theaters.
14. Allison’s dandruff, which she sprinkles to “make it snow, ” was made of Parmesan cheese.
15. John Cusack was also considered for the role of Bender, as was Nicolas Cage.
16. Like a number of other Hughes films, including Weird Science, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and National Lampoon’s Vacation, the film is set in the fictional Chicago suburb of Shermer, Illinois.
17. Judd Nelson was the oldest cast member at the time of filming; he was 26.
18. Sheedy doesn’t speak for the first 33 minutes of the film.
19. As an end-of-filming present, Hughes gave each actor a piece of the “library’s” banister.
20. Hughes had planned for The Breakfast Club to be his directorial debut, but the studio went for Sixteen Candles first.
21. Brian’s social security number, as filched by Allison, indicates that he was born in Connecticut.
Breakfast Club Movie Comedy Drama Dweebie Adult T-Shirt Tee
Apparel (American Classics)
Hot Wheels Retro Ferris Buellers Day Off 1:55 Die Cast Car Ferrari 250 California
CafePress Cracking Skulls Magnet - Standard Multi-color
Ferris Bueller's Day off 1984 Pontiac Fiero 1/64