This blog actually got off the ground on the back of Slimming World recipes. I learnt to cook from the recipes in their magazine and I started spreading my culinary wings by taking recipes and/or flavour combinations from other recipe books and magazines and making my own recipes. On those recipes, I went from this to this.
That having been said, this is not a Slimming World blog. It’s just a blog where the author happens to be on Slimming World. I think up recipes to satisfy my greed, and the Slimming World aspect comes after. If it’s not delicious, I’m not putting it in my mouth.
How to use this blog for Slimming World
If I think a recipe is Slimming World friendly, either because it’s totally Free or uses very few Syns, I have tagged it Slimming World. Browsing the Slimming World tag is the best way to browse my Slimming World-friendly recipes (Click that Slimming World logo on the right. There we go).
I don’t usually put on the recipe whether it’s Slimming World friendly or not, because I really think these recipes are delicious enough to be enjoyed whether you’re on a diet or not and I don’t want to alienate non-SW readers. Plus, if you’re on Slimming World you’ll be a smart cookie and you’ll know the plan fairly well. But below I’ve put a few guidelines for you when reading the recipes and deciding what to make:
- If there’s cheese, count that as a Healthy Extra A choice. The precise amount of cheese you’re allowed on Slimming World has gone up and down since I started cooking in 2010, so check the book and find out what your allowance is and just use that in the recipe
- Use Fry Light rather than oil. Always. If you MUST use oil, I will specifically say “You must use oil”
- If a recipe involves flour, butter, sugar etc…there’ll be Syns. Check the book
- If the recipe includes anything that’s not fruit, vegetables, meat, starchy veg, eggs, a vinegar, a spice or some kind of low-fat yogurt/cheese…there’ll be Syns. If there would be Syns in it if you ate it normally, there’ll be Syns in it usually
All make sense?
I do not put Syn values on recipes, ever. And if you ask me for it, I won’t tell you. This isn’t me being mean – Syn values change so frequently that if I left a comment saying something was x Syns in 2013 it could change dramatically in 2014. You are lovely, clever people. You can work it out, I promise.
I made this a few years ago and it remains my most popular recipe by FAR. And there’s a reason for that. I experimented for ages before landing on this recipe, and it’s the best Slimming World Hunter’s Chicken I’ve found.See also:
- Buy links for paraphrased content high semantic relevancy.
Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract With Svetol Plus GCA 90 Count Ultra Strength Diet Pills Advanced Premium Formula w Chlorogenic Acid Vegetarian Capsules 1200 mg (400mg x 3/day) For Men and Women! Maximum Weight Loss Supplement Max Fat Burner That Works Made In The USA
Health and Beauty (OmNutra Health)
Mahamosa Taiwan Oolong (wu long, wulong) Tea and Tea Filter Set: 4 oz Monkey Picked Oolong Tea, 100 Loose Leaf Tea Filters (Bundle- 2 items)(Tea Ingredients: Oolong tea)