Blea Tarn in August
A traditionally built, Lakeland house which is concealed in the grounds and quietly situated adjacent to and overlooking the River Rothay and surrounding fells. We are located in the centre of Grasmere village, in the Heart of the English Lake District, 4 miles from Ambleside, 8 miles from Windermere and 12 miles from Keswick. The guest house certainly provides a high degree of comfort and cleanliness being double glazed, centrally heated, tastefully decorated and well furnished throughout the accommodation. In the guest house our superior rooms contain kingsize, super kingsize and twin options.
All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms/shower/WC. Second floor rooms include power showers. Tea / coffee making facilities, television and hair dryer are all provided. Bedroom 2 has a super kingsize with a Twin bed option available, this room has he added advantage of two different views. The majority of rooms are facing south across our own private well timbered gardens whilst the Super Kingsize and Standard rooms both offer lovely views overlooking the River Rothay.
Cycle storage - For guests who wish to bring bicycles we can offer dry, locked cycle storage.
Check in / out times - Rooms are usually available from 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. Check out time is before 10.30 a.m.
- First floor guest rooms are the Super kingsize and one of the Superior guest rooms.
- Both have King-size or Super kingsize double beds, ensuite bathroom/shower, large televisions, plenty of space, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and wardrobes.
- The Super kingsize has two views one of which is over the River Rothay, and Grasmere.
Super Kingsize (Twin bed option available)
Room 2 Bed
View from Room 2Room 3
Superior Room on First Floor
Room 3 Bed
Room 3 EnSuite
- Second floor guest rooms are one Superior and two Standard.
- All the second floor guest rooms have ensuite bathroom/shower, televisions, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and wardrobes.
- The Standard guest rooms have a standard double bed.
- Standard guest room 6 has a view over the River Rothay and Grasmere, providing a very soothing sound.
- The Superior has a King-size double bed with plenty of space and a large television.
Starbucks Breakfast Blend, K-Cup for Keurig Brewers, 60 Count